top of page
  • Writer's pictureMike Crase

Important COVID-19 Update for 2020 Summer Camps

Shiloh Families,

Our Board of Directors met today, May 2, and we have some very exciting news to share. We WILL be having camp this year. We will plan on having the following five kids camps as originally scheduled, along with our regularly scheduled family and fall camps.

Explorer Camp (10-12): June 22 – 26

Pathfinder Camp (8-10): July 6 – 10

Voyager Camp (12-14): July 13 – 18

Trailblazer Camp (14-18): July 20 – 25

Explorer Camp (10-12): July 27 – 31

Summer camp comes with a certain amount of inherent risks. Health risks, risk of injury, and risk of natural disaster. As we plan and implement our various programs and activities, we try to minimize the risks involved. Our main concern is for the health and safety of our participants. We will work diligently to provide sanitary, healthy and safe environment for our guests. We have drafted the following practices to help us achieve that outcome using the Central District Health – Guidance for Childcare Providers document. As these guidelines change we will update our policies.

As we prepare to register and receive campers for our summer camping programs, here are our special operational policies for the summer as they pertain to the COVID-19 circumstances.

Registering and Attending Camp:

Prior to bringing a camper to camp or to the bus, parents need to evaluate the following:

A. Is the camper(s) in a high-risk category for contracting COVID-19?

B. Is the camper(s) displaying any symptoms of COVID-19?

C. Has the camper(s) been exposed to someone that either has been exposed, displays symptoms or is infected with COVID-19 within the 14 days prior to camp?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, it would be best for your camper not to attend camp this summer.

Prior to attending camp or getting on the Shiloh bus, all campers will have their temperatures taken in accordance with CDC guidelines. If a camper is found to have a fever according to CDC guidelines (100.4 F), the child will unfortunately not be allowed to get on the bus or attend camp.

Additionally, parents need to sign the following waiver prior to sending their campers on the bus, or dropping them off at camp. Please note, students will NOT be allowed on the bus if they have a fever, or if they do not have the following signed and printed waiver. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but it is our goal to make safety a priority at each and every one of our camps.

If camp is canceled for any reason, or campers cannot attend, campers will be entitled to a full refund.

Camp Activities:

In order to effectively protect the campers, Shiloh will be modifying large group activities in order to minimize close contact between campers.

Our staff and volunteers will increase the frequency of cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting the facilities (door handles, doorknobs, light switches, counter and surfaces, bathrooms, etc.). We will also be looking at increasing hand sanitizing and hand washing locations in order to improve overall sanitation.

Illness Practice

Parents should evaluate the health of their child before sending them to camp. If a child displays symptoms of illness or is in a “high risk category” they should not attend camp.

If a child becomes ill while at camp, that child will be isolated and their parents will be notified to come and get them. It is the parents’ responsibility to transport their child home. The parents of the campers in the cabin will be notified that a camper became ill in their child’s cabin.


As a Shiloh board and staff, we will continue to evaluate our COVID-19 response and preparation for this summers camping season. We will continue to reevaluate our current status and where we are at with Idaho’s reopening stages over the next several weeks. Additionally, we will keep parents informed of our summer camps prior to each week of camp.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at Shiloh if you have any questions or concerns.

Mike Crase

Executive Director

Shiloh Bible Conference


Acknowledgement of Risk and Medical Release Form

Name ___________________________________________ Date _____________________

Are you in a high-risk category for contracting COVID-19? Yes No

Are you displaying any symptoms of COVID-19? Yes No

Have you been exposed to someone that either has been exposed, displays

symptoms or is infected with COVID-19 within the past 14 days? Yes No

If you answered yes to any of these questions, it would be best for you not to attend events at Shiloh Bible Conference.

I understand the inherent risks associated with group activities. I acknowledge that there is a possibility that I could have contact with other people that might be ill, though a-symptomatic. I agree to hold harmless Shiloh Bible Conference should I return from Shiloh with any injury or illness. Shiloh Bible Conference will use St. Luke’s ED in McCall for serious injury or illness.

I understand the risks and I give permission to transport me to the Emergency Department, and for St. Luke’s Hospital to treat me, should I require advanced medical attention.

Signature _________________________________________________

497 views1 comment

Recent Posts

See All

Spring Service Day and Summer Camps

Our 2021 service day is scheduled for May 15th. We had almost 60 volunteers last year and are looking forward to another great service day this year. Our projects this year include, but aren't limite

bottom of page